Forge is a role-based scheduling platform, meaning you will be challenged to think about the optimal roles/times best suited for your operations to run smoothly (rather than trying to think about who will work those shifts and when that individual is available).
There are two parts to building your labor schedule:
- Building your Schedule Template (the template of shifts that are typically needed week after week)
- Adjusting your Weekly Schedule (changing the template incrementally each week based on need)
To build your first schedule template:
- Click on "Scheduling"
- Click on "New Shift" in the top right corner
- Select the position, start time/end time for the shift.
- If this is a shift that happens at roughly the same time every day, click "Repeat Shift" and select the days this shift happens.
- Select the number of individuals needed to work this shift.
- Insert any shift instructions that you would like to relay to the individuals who decide to work this shift (i.e. Break/Lunch Times, Tasks to be completed, etc.).
- (Optional) Include the names of individuals you need to work this shift
If you add individuals to work a shift, they will be notified that they are working. Most clients start by assigning individuals into shifts and decrease the number of shifts they assign as they grow their labor pool.